This Privacy & Cookies Policy provides you with information required by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and Council. It describes how your personal information is collected, used and shared when you visit or make a purchase from www.salonguard.com (the ‘Site’).
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as ‘Device Information.’
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- ‘Cookies’ are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies and how to disable cookies, visit All About Cookies.
- ‘Log files’ track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- ‘Web beacons’, ‘tags’ and ‘pixels’ are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address and phone number. We refer to this information as ‘Order Information.’
When we talk about ‘Personal Information’ in this Privacy & Cookies Policy, we are talking about Device Information and Order Information.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging shipping and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- Provide you with information or updates relating to our products when in line with the preferences you have shared with us.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will never sell your Personal Information. We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here.
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt out of Google Analytics here.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident, we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
We may update this Privacy & Cookies Policy from time to time in order to reflect, for example, changes to our practices or for other operational, legal or regulatory reasons.
Questions about our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Salonguard Limited, 187 Park Lane, Birmingham, B35 6AN, United Kingdom.